This was one of the very first vegan dishes I made and everyone, including my non vegan boyfriend and roommate, loved it. It’s easy, cheap and so delish! There’s a lot of variations that can be done, adding or removing things you don’t like, but I’m not super picky, especially about mexican food, so the more veggies I can add the better!
4 cups cooked quinoa
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of petite diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 medium onion
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red or orange pepper
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 package of Daiya shredded cheddar vegan cheese
Salt to taste
Cook your quinoa as directed, in either water or vegetable broth. Set aside.
Chop onion, jalapeno, peppers and mince garlic. Saute in pan with corn until thawed and vegetables are translucent.
Drain tomatoes and black beans in a strainer. In a large mixing bowl add quinoa, vegetables, tomatoes and beans and mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into a large casserole dish and add cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Add hot sauce and vegan sour cream as desired. I personally think both of these just kick it up a notch and make it that much better!
This recipe makes a lot, but living alone and working as much as I do, I like to make a lot and store it in the fridge/freezer for later. It would be an easy recipe to to cut in half if you don’t want as many leftovers.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red or orange pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 package of Daiya shredded cheddar vegan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa as directed with either water or vegetable broth. Set aside.
- Chop onion, jalapeno, peppers, and mince garlic. Saute in pan with corn until thawed and vegetables are translucent.
- Drain black beans and tomatoes in strainer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add quinoa, vegetables, tomatoes and beans, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into large casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.